- 10,000 m2 was dedicated to spaces presenting retail stores and food and beverage outlets
- The emirate’s first pet zone will stretch for 800 m2 for dog lovers in the capital
- The calendar of fitness and wellness events throughout the year will keep residents healthy and active
Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi-based IMKAN Properties has officially opened the first upscale urban park of its kind in the capital. Nestled in the Khalidiya district along Al Bateen Street, Sheikha Fatima Park is just minutes from the famous Corniche in the heart of Abu Dhabi.
Historically known as the “Khalidiyah Ladies Park”, the 46,000 m2 the plot has been redeveloped into a dynamic space re-imagined for the community. Retaining its heritage and homage to the mother of the nation, Sheikha Fatima Park will be a place of permanent discovery where families will come together to explore the different environments of the park and adopt a healthy and active lifestyle.
Al Dhaheri reiterated IMKAN’s commitment to actively support the public and private sectors of the UAE by supporting local brands that embrace the best local concepts. By implementing special projects such as Sheikha Fatima Park, which has created an ideal public-private partnership model, we continually seek to exceed the aspirations of the local population.
âIMKAN’s creative vision has helped it promote entrepreneurship, embrace new business concepts and implement unique ideas and facilities that best meet the needs of society and promote a sustainable lifestyle. in Abu Dhabi, âhe added.
Sheikha Fatima Park is divided into three experience zones: a discovery zone, an adventure zone and an experience zone. Activities in the park will be centered around the well-being of the community with a calendar of wellness and fitness events throughout the year, interactive activations suitable for families, an animal zone of company and a retail space with food and beverage shops and pop-ups.
ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
Fitness in the park – A family concept animated by various coaches and fitness instructors – a team of fitness enthusiasts. Sheikha Fatima Park will host a series of fitness events including gymnastics, Swedish gymnastics and yoga.
Celebrations and occasions – Bringing together all corners of the community in its vibrant outdoor space, Sheikha Fatima Park will host a number of celebrations in the park throughout the year to mark important events in multiple cultures such as National Day, Christmas, Diwali, Halloween, New Years Eve and more.
Hit Refresh Series – A series of engaging speaker events will take place on the lawn once a month, providing the opportunity to refresh the community’s knowledge and understanding on key topics such as women’s empowerment, neighborhood memories and preparation for the next 50 years.
Art in the park – In collaboration with – different local art and design centers – Sheikha Fatima Park will host a semi-permanent outdoor art exhibition showcasing the works of a vast network of Emirati, regional and international talents in the beautiful environment natural park.
Sheikha Fatima Park will be one of the first places in Abu Dhabi to have a dedicated area for dogs and their owners. Welcoming animal lovers from all over the city with its 800m2 Pet Zone, the space will feature pet-themed adventures including games and obstacle courses for the ultimate family outdoor experience. In addition, a series of free activations dedicated to pets throughout the year.
POINTS OF SALE
- Crank – a boutique fitness room and common area with a loyal fan base for its spin classes
- Sola CafÃ© – Offering the perfect cup of java paired with delicious desserts while relaxing to the sound of fine Arabic lounge music
- Seven Dawgs – a trendy halal hot dog concept serving sausage, fries, ice cream, shakes and more
- Dialogue Concept Store – a contemporary and exploratory space connecting culture and conversation through coffee, design and retail
- La Patchouli CafÃ© – serves freshly ground coffee with homemade sweets and savory dishes for the discerning appetite
- Starbucks – Serving Favorite Coffees in a New Modern Location
- My Nursery – a nursery and nursery offering a unique learning approach
- Teela House – a cultural meeting place offering fun, relaxing and tasty dishes
- Momentum – the perfect place for lovers and enthusiasts of cycling
- Bellacure – a women’s beauty salon serving everything trendy and chic for women
- Fleurology – a bespoke flower studio with an experience you’ll want to repeat with every visit to the park
- DICE – a classic board game cafe to bring back teenage memories in a modern atmosphere
- Crunch and Munch – a cozy cafe and workspace with a unique and rustic home design
For more information on the events taking place at Sheikha Fatima Park, visit: www.sheikhafatimapark.ae and follow @sheikhafatimapark
Abu Dhabi-based real estate developer IMKAN has earned its reputation with a portfolio of 26 projects spanning three continents, with the company’s philosophy and vision being to create moving places that enrich people’s lives.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Capital Group, IMKAN’s proposition revolves around a unique research platform that identifies the needs and wants of its customer segment, from millennials to high net worth individuals. Among the company’s key projects are two developments in Makers District – The Artery, a multi-purpose building that integrates a makers space with parking, and Pixel, the company’s first mixed-use destination. Other key developments are Nudra, an exclusive beachfront community, home to 37 luxury villas; Sheikha Fatima Park, the capital’s first urban park that seeks to improve community interaction; and AlJurf at Sahel Al Emarat, which includes villas and timeless land located in a preserved and natural ecosystem nestled between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. AlJurf’s newest addition to the real estate and wellness sector is SHA Emirates which, when opened in 2023, will be the second international SHA clinic after the award-winning SHA Wellness clinic in Spain.
Â© Press release 2021